Friday, August 19, 2016

Faery Wings, the Gift of a Spider



These little wings actually appeared all askew at the base of a tiny spider web, the leftovers of a tiny moth that a wee spider had fed on. I almost didn't see them. I had to get in close to make sure I was seeing correctly.



I had some difficulty assembling the teeny wings into their original order due to invisible web pieces that were still attached them.

The spider scurried away, fearing for its life. What she didn't know was, she is welcome here.


All late summer spider webs are allowed to stay in places that don't interfere with daily life, and even in some places that do...















“It is quite possible that an animal has spoken to me and that I didn't catch the remark because I wasn't paying attention.”   {E.B. White, Charlotte's Web}