Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Awareness


To use awareness to control the story we tell about ourselves is our greatest act of power as humans.
{Don Miquel Ruiz}

When I was a young child I had a vivid imagination. One of the things I enjoyed doing was turning some outdoor space into my own world. There, I would imagine that I ruled over all who resided there. I would spend hours reorganizing the space, building it with rocks and branches. I learned large fronds could have messages written on them, using sticks as pens. I'd collect feathers, and egg shells, berries, moss and interesting sticks. I would inhabit these spaces for hours and days, until they became discovered by others, and then I would create another.

When I walk in the woods today, I constantly see little settlements all throughout the forest. A very few have been created by human hands, a milk crate for a seat, a tarp for a roof, and even a hermit's cabin are clues that humans have been there. But many times I find spots that have been constructed by Nature herself. I am grateful to have these spaces to explore. Sometimes, my trusty companion and I will sit on a cozy moss covered rock and just observe. There is so much to see in the forest.
Animal Den

Queen's Throne

Faery Arbor

Elf Hut

Trusty Companion

“Do not hate the player, nor the game...rule it!” 
    {T.F. Hodge}   
Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with "The Divine Presence"