Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Changes


“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” 
{Lao Tzu)


Summer was a sigh. The days were cradled in a constant, slow, steady rhythm---rest, rise, coffee, nourish, stroll, garden, chores, more coffee, treasured time with precious people, yoga, rest...repeat.



Try as I may to carve a lasting safe place, I knew in my heart it would eventually give way to the flow. Flow is constant even when you try to pretend it's not.



For a brief time it seemed as if I stopped the flow and rested in the pool of my life. Bees hummed, cicadas whined, fresh grass smell infused the air. Sigh. Though glimpses of it appeared, the future seemed implausible.




But life picks up, new schedules creep in; I am carried back into the stream, being challenged to steady my self even as the current tries to sweep me away. I feel forced to make choices.



And so it begins~*