Friday, July 27, 2012

Getting My Feet Wet

Yesterday was one of those magical kind of days that spontaneously unfold in the summer time. My son and nephew were invited last minute to golf at a course situated in the mountains, a little Vermont town neighboring the location.

When I left, the beds unmade, and the breakfast dishes in the sink, driving fifty plus miles to the golf course to make the tee time, I didn't expect to find myself relaxed and in awe of my surroundings. But I was.

Even a pending tornado, off in the distance somewhere, that never materialized anyway, couldn't ruin my magical day.


Luckily, my sister-in-law came with me for the ride, and while the boys golfed, we went off to discover more of the beauty which surrounded us. For a few blessed hours we were away from all of the "supposed-to's" and just going with the flow...

I'll admit, even while daydreaming and feeling the peace, my mind kept wandering back to my schedule, and I felt a bit insecure just letting go. It had been a while since I had given myself permission to wander and play.


But I'm glad I did.

"Seeking safety outside yourself will always fail you. I hate to break it to you, but you can't control your life, no matter how many safeguards you put into place. But you don't have to control your life to find peace. It lives with you all the time, deep within, in that place where your divine spark flickers, even on stormy days." {Lissa Rankin}