Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday's Heart 19, Mother's Heart


Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved 
  
This is an actual picture of my mother's heart. I received it from her doctor when she had a cardiac catheterization to look at the arteries in her heart in preparation for her aortic valve replacement sugery. We learned great news that day, that all her arteries were open! This meant she needed no additional heart procedures.

My sister was kind enough to ask for the print out, "for my sister's blog," she told them, and my mom noticed the "heart shape" of her heart and suggested I color it in and embellish it. That I did, including some rainbow color to her clear arteries and some tiny heart crystal hearts, and of course the key to her heart.

My mom received her surgery three days ago and is beginning to heal. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
~Sharon Doubiago